PassinArt is an African American producing theatre company whose “mission is to educate, entertain, and celebrate our culture while highlighting issues that impact the community.”
To increase the visibility of emerging and experienced African American and multicultural artists, playwrights, and directors to collaborate and highlight their work.
- Provide an environment of respect and support for youth, adults, audiences that maintain an atmosphere of inclusiveness and nonsexual harassment.
- To provide access to quality yet affordable theatrical productions, staged readings, special cultural events, and workshops to include low-moderate community members.
- Provide a forum for artists and community members to connect through the medium as a catalyst for community dialogues regarding issues that impact African Americans and multicultural groups.
- Heighten the social and cultural awareness of audiences from an African American perspective.
- To provide interns and volunteer opportunities for youth and adults to learn the various aspects of theatre arts.
PassinArt produces three or more mainstage productions, theatrical workshops for youth and adults, staged readings, and unique cultural events in the Portland Metropolitan area.
Established in 1982, PassinArt received its non-profit 501(c)3 status in 1984.
PassinArt will soon celebrate its 40 years of existence as the longest-producing African American theatre company in Oregon. We pass on art, history, and culture from one generation to another.Read More
Board of Directors
Meet our amazing Board of Directors. We appreciate their commitment to advance PassinArt: A Theatre Company’s mission.Read More