PassinArt is an African American producing theater company whose mission is to entertain, educate and inspire artists and audiences while addressing critical issues facing our community.
To present quality yet affordable theatrical productions and educational workshops for African American and multi-cultural adults and youth in the Portland Metropolitan area.
- To provide access to quality and affordable theatrical productions, staged readings, special events, and workshops for low-moderate income youth and adults.
- To provide a forum for artists and community members to connect through the medium of theater as a catalyst for community dialogue regarding issues that impact African American and multi-cultural groups.
- Heighten the social and cultural awareness of audiences from an African American perspective.
- To provide a forum for new and experienced, local and regional artists to collaborate, develop and integrate their talents and perfect their skills. Highlighting the works of African-American and multi-cultural playwrights, artists or directors.
- Provide an environment of respect, inclusiveness and support for youth and adults maintaining an atmosphere of no discrimination.
- To provide interns and volunteer opportunities for youth and adults to learn the various aspect of theater including technical lighting, sound, backstage and house management involved in each production of event.
The Company produces two (2) main stage theater productions per year, theatrical workshops for youth and adults, staged readings and special events throughout the Portland Metropolitan area.
Established in 1982, PassinArt: A Theater Company received its non-profit 501 © 3 status in 1984.